St. Francis DeSales High School educates
young men in the Catholic tradition,
preparing them to lead productive,
meaningful lives based on the pillars
of the DeSales experience:
Faith † Brotherhood † Tradition
DeSales High School is an all-male, college-preparatory Catholic school committed to the total development of its students. Inspired by principles articulated at its founding in 1956, DeSales presents young men an education which fosters their spiritual, intellectual, social and physical growth. This cultivation of mind, spirit, and body has an immediate objective of preparation for post-secondary success with an ultimate mission of guiding them to be competent, concerned, responsible and ethical builders of God’s kingdom.
DeSales provides challenging, engaging studies in a personalized learning environment, giving special attention to the academic and social needs of each individual student. Embracing high standards of character, commitment, and achievement, DeSales encourages students to think critically and creatively and to act ethically. To these ends, DeSales utilizes proven and effective modes of instruction to educate each individual based on the pillars of the DeSales experiences: Faith • Brotherhood • Tradition.
FAITH – we believe in…
• providing an education rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition of Jesus Christ, centered on prayer
• recognizing each student’s God-given dignity
• promoting his spiritual, academic and personal growth
• guiding him to more fully live a Christian values-based life
• challenging him to achieve high standards in pursuit of ever higher goals
• instilling confidence in his ability to successfully face the future.
BROTHERHOOD – we believe in…
• capitalizing on the advantages of being a small school
• personalizing education through small learning communities
• enhancing the unique talents of each student
• emphasizing the benefits of a four-year retreat experience
• providing greater opportunities to participate in extra-curricular activities
• fostering a strong and active alumni association through enhanced
• communication and increased opportunities for participation.
TRADITION – we believe in…
• the gift of education given by the Carmelite founders
• the faith formation of each student
• academic excellence
• good sportsmanship and fair play.
DeSales strives to be the best by providing a comprehensive learning experience, both inside and outside the classroom. This is achieved through encouraging and promoting best practice and by being aware of and proactively addressing the ever-changing needs of the community. DeSales High School aspires to continue being a leader in educational and technological innovation, providing state of the art facilities, building upon the success of the Teach-nology program, and developing a curriculum to prepare students to be competitive in the global marketplace.