The Science Department strives for excellence in science education through cooperative and collaborative efforts between students and staff. The Science Department strives to develop in students a cognitive approach to the natural world based on scientific inquiry.
The goals of the Science Department include assisting students to:
- Understand the link between scientific theory and application of theory to natural phenomena;
- Make predictions based on scientific models, and gain an appreciation of the interconnectivity of the variables in a system;
- Analyze a wide variety of graphic displays of data;
- Connect hypotheses to experimental design and data analysis to determine whether experimental data supports or refutes a hypothesis;
- Propose experimental designs that eliminate the effects of confounding variables and isolate the postulate(s) of a hypothesis.