The St. Francis DeSales High School Board of Directors and the Catholic Schools Office of the Archdiocese of Louisville seek a dynamic, collaborative leader for President.
DeSales High School is currently experiencing a wave of tremendous success, driven by a school culture focusing on the holistic experience of the student. DeSales has taken great strides in its educational performance, the spiritual growth of its students and its achievement in extra-curricular activities through a focus on the school’s unique aspects: culture, size, and community.
DeSales seeks a passionate leader who is committed to educating the young men of Louisville. This person should be capable of integrating into the current leadership team of the school and community, while facilitating a continuous drive for improvement and innovation. The ideal candidate will have the vision to guide DeSales into the future while keeping true to its rich history.
The President‘s primary purpose is to provide leadership of the school to achieve the fullest attainment of the mission and values of St. Francis DeSales High School. This position has general responsibility and oversight of the advancement and long-term financial stability of the institution. The President shall keep the Board fully informed in order to meet its responsibilities, and has the power, on behalf of the Board, to perform all acts and execute all documents to make effective the actions of the Board.
The President is the overall leader and facilitator of the community of faith and bears ultimate responsibility for the integrity of the faith and practice of the spiritual life of St. Francis DeSales High School. The President works in cooperation with the Principal to ensure the Catholic Identity of St. Francis DeSales High School, and to meet the overall expectations of all the stakeholders of the school. The President is ultimately held accountable for the responsiveness of the school and as a result works in cooperation with the Catholic Schools Office of the Archdiocese of Louisville to ensure that all the qualities of a Catholic Education as outlined in the sponsorship agreement are maintained.
The President works closely with the Principal, the Board of Directors, and in varying degrees, other groups within the school community to provide leadership guidance regarding the school’s purposes, values, and goals.
- Ensures that the Catholic culture of the school is developed and sustained among students, faculty, staff, and parents in cooperation with the Principal, Campus Minister, and the Board of Directors.
- Provides leadership for all areas of school life and culture development and working closely with the Principal, who is charged with and directly responsible for the academic program.
- Develops strategy and supervises the work of the Advancement Office to ensure the office is meeting the established goals set by the budgeting process and strategic plan and are consistent with the Mission of the School.
- Ensures proper fiscal management of the school and its facilities.
- Plans, implements and supervises the school’s fiscal development programs, including endowment and capital funding, to support the sustained growth of institutional resources.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the school in marketing and advancing the mission of the school to the public.
- Develops, with the Board of Directors, strategic and long-range planning and development goals.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced degrees in Education or Business.
- Experience working in Catholic or Christian environment preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility for organizations and their development and success.
- Proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders.
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with the philanthropic, corporate and nonprofit sectors.
- Demonstrated integration of strategic, operational and financial management skills.
- Marketing and business development and sales experience.
- Practicing Catholic as verified by the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered.
The compensation package for the President is competitive and commensurate with experience. Qualified individuals may submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.